Sunday, January 31, 2010

State College District visit

PRESIDENT’S BLOG
January 30, 2010

Last night I joined the State College, Lewistown, Mifflintown and Pioneer End Time mission group for a district meeting to introduce Pastor Chris Buttery, Jennifer and their family as the new district leader. This district was formerly led by Pastor Lonnie Wibberding, who moved out to the Pacific Northwest to be nearer to family. Chris has been doing an excellent job leading the churches of Montrose, Tunkhannock and Beaumont district.



The State College district received Chris very well and are eagerly looking forward to his transition.


While I was there, I looked up the residence for a couple of young adult brothers who have settled in the State College area after growing up in Hamburg, PA. Although they weren’t home, I left them a note and a copy of the book, Story of Redemption, by Ellen White. I heard later that they found it and had been reading some in the book.

No comments: