Monday, April 26, 2010

Western Pennsylvania Church Board Dialogues

April 17 and 18 I had the privilege of meeting with several Church Boards in Western Pennsylvania to dialogue and listen on 2 major topics. 1.) Mission. 2.) Youth and Young Adults. I asked what each church was finding effective in Mission, what the church might like to dream about doing, if God made it possible, and what the Conference might do in support, training and resources for mission. Then I asked what the current status was for Youth and Young Adults in each church, what the church might like to do, if God made it possible in a Youth or Young Adult ministry and what the Conference might do in support, training and resources for mission to Youth and Young Adults.

This weekend, I met with the Boards of:
Pittsburgh and New Brighton


East Suburban and Greensburg
Derrick City, Mt. Jewett and Warren


I also met with the leadership of the Adventist Community Services—Greater Pittsburgh

While at Pittsburgh, I was drawn to a picture on the wall of the Church hallway, depicting various aspects of the Pathfinder law as lived out by the Pathfinders. Pittsburgh Church has a good Adventurer and Pathfinder program.


On April 24,25 I repeated the dialogue with additional Western Pennsylvania Churches, by meeting with Church Board members of:
Erie, Lowville and Seneca

New Castle, Shenango Valley and Meridian Road (Butler)
Washington, Uniontown, Mon Valley
Indian, Johnstown, Distant, Laurel Lake



Quite a few good ideas and dreams for mission came through from listening to these Church Boards. At each location I took extensive notes of what was shared, by typing each comment into my computer. At the same time, I projected up on a screen with a video projector for all the Board members to see, just what notes I was typing.

If you would like a copy of the notes from any of these dialogues, just let me know which ones you would like to see.

No comments: